1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How much would you pay?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Blueicebird, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Blueicebird

Blueicebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    I am looking to buy a nice well built Coop. The style I am looking at come fro ma local company called Woodtex. For a 6x6 it's around $1400, Here are some photos. My question is, is it worth it? Is that a good price? I know I could never build it this nice...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the info on the coop: "Constructed with our beautiful White Pine Board & Batten Siding, this coop comes standard with (2) Chicken Doors, (1) Single Door, (1) Access Door (which makes gathering the eggs as easy as pie), (10) Nesting Boxes, (1) Roosting Rod, (2) Windows and a Floor that is lined with Glasboard"

I would like some expert knowledge. Never bought one and my chickens live in a shanty. lol

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Its nice! its 6 x 6 or it comes with a 6 x 6 run?

3. Blueicebird

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    The coop itself is 6x6, no run but I already have fencing and it's free delivery. took out the "run" word. lol

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:If you have the money and don't mine paying that money for it-then get it! I think it's nice..I personally would go about 1000$ but thats me and my area where everyone makes them and folks are willing to bargain a tad for them:)

5. Blueicebird

Jul 12, 2011
    Watkins Glen
    Its pretty rare to find anyone around here to build one. I have searched online and while driving. I just didn't know what the average for a coop would be.

6. angie3881

angie3881 Chillin' With My Peeps

If I had that kind of extra money to spend I would buy it! Looks very nice and free delivery is a plus.. My coop came with our property and only required some slight modifications in which we used material we had for the most part. Building something like that from new materials would not be easy or cheap.

7. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    for $1000 it better clean it self and lay eggs too

8. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    How big is the human access door? This could be important for routine cleaning etc.
    I think the price is a bit steep, but I've built all my own coops so may not be the person to ask.

9. ericwaddle3

ericwaddle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    my coop is 4x8 and it cost 150 to build with two roost and five nest.

10. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    My husband builds 4x8 coops that we sell uninsulated with nesting boxes and roost for about $650 and fully insulated for $800. Here's one we sold my mom for meatie chickens so it doesn't have roosts or nesting boxes. We later upgraded it with a preditor proof lock on the door. The windows are hand made by my husband.
    I wouldn't ever pay $1400 for a 6x6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by