How much?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by minna, Nov 10, 2008.

1. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    I have found an incubator I want, it's a used sportsman. Not the newest model, but the price is good and it has a clear door and automatic turners which mine doesn't have. Dh says I have to sell my other one before I can get it, which is fine, but I don't know what it is worth. Any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    does your current one hold temp and humidity levels well?

3. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    With a turner it is worth a couple hundred bucks no matter what it is. If it is one of the newer ones up to 350. That old one will be worth more to you as a hatcher than you will get for it that is for sure.

That model you have there is a beauty as a hatcher.

JMO

4. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    It does hold temp fairly well and humidity, well it would hold it better if I found a new system for the water.
    I told my dh that it would be the perfect hatcher, but he said I can only have 1. The new incubator is 300, he said if I could get 200 for the old one, he will put 100 towards the new one. I just don't know how much to ask for the old one, or if it is even worth 200?

5. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    well, without the auto turners in yours, I really can't see you getting a couple hundred for it. Personally, I would only do at most $100 for it, but that's just me. And the shipping would probly be outrageous on it, so a local buyer would be best.

Sorry, I know it's not what you wanted to hear. I am surprised you haven't had more replies about it.

Hope you find someone so you can get your new one soon.

6. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I mis understood your question. Now I see you are wanting to see what the hatcher is worth. I think it is worth about 100 dollars. I recently purchased both a hatcher and an incubator that I beleive are that same model. I payed 100 bucks for them, but I think that was a screaming deal. They also had hatching baskets in them

That is why I think you need to sell DH on both hatcher and bator. With an incubator with the capacity of the sportsman do you really think you will do complete batches or wont you more likely be staggering hatches.

No substitute for having one of each.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by