How My 10 Year Old Daughter Describes the Silkies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by daddykirbs, Nov 18, 2013.

1. daddykirbs

daddykirbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    My daughters real specialty is the ducks. She loves her Australian Spotted Ducks! Here she takes a moment to educate us about the Silkies :)

[​IMG]

2. Lucie Blume

Lucie Blume Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2011
    Santa Cruz
    Your daughter knows her silkies and showgirls. How did you get so many showgirls? I thought they were not a sure thing. Well, enjoy them :) Watching the showgirls develop will be interesting.

We have quite a few silkies and one showgirl who was hatched for us out of a dozen shipped eggs.
    He's really a showboy, and we were lucky to have such a handsome chicken of the breed. He's spotless white, fuffy (of course) with a long black neck, and a little bow tie. Georgous almost iridescent earlobe things. (What are they called.?). And very much a gentleman.

My son sat him atop his Thomas the Train as a chick, and Snowy went slowly round and round without fidgeting. He his more docile than a silkie.

Of course I have one. You can let me know how your brood progresses. I would really love to know..

All,the best.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by