How not to test your spouse's patience

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jul 6, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    On our way home from town this afternoon we stopped by a bait shop owned by a friend of my stepdaughters. I wanted to buy some mealworms for my big hens and the babies.
    The guy was sold out of mealworms, but he gave me a box of 100+ crickets, free of charge.
    Not sure how to get them out of the box, I just reached in and grabbed a handful for my big girls. Then I just opened the front door and dumped all the remaining crickets out on the screened porch, where all the chicks reside (supposed to be in their brooder, but they don't believe in that).
    It's like a scene from Jurassic Park on the porch right now and DH is not amused. It's one thing to have 32 chicks destroying your screened porch, it's another to have them running around playing cricket rugby too. [​IMG]

2. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    [​IMG]

3. Mommi3130

Mommi3130 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Love it!

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    LMAO I can visiualize the scene now. [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Your pushing your luck, Gritty...

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:No Miz Red, I'm way past pushing it. More like shoving and I'll tell you why.

After realizing that I would be raising 32 chicks, not the more managable 14 I planned for, we came to the conclusion that there was no way all 32 could share the existing coop with the big birds until this fall. I really didn't want to seperate the little ones up into groups either.
    Therefore, the other day DH agreed to give me his custom built harley shed as my second coop. All we have to do is finish insulating it and add roosts and nestboxes and screened doors. The harley, that precious possession that DH's mama bought him just before she passed away, will live on the screened porch for several months.

In the fall I'm buying DH a bigger, better shed for the bike. He deserves it for being so sweet and patient with my chicken addiction. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by