How often are BYC people gender guesses right?

MTR

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
I noticed that almost always there are people wanting to know gender of chicks. My question is for those who have asked those questions - how accurate were BYC guesses?

Depending on the age, usually chicks 6+ weeks when we guess are pretty accurate. Also depends on member answering, as there are a handful of members that are really good, like @MysteryChicken, @Overo Mare, and @Rhodebar Lover are a few of the really good ones.

I'm pretty new though, so sometimes my guesses aren't that accurate.

I'm a rank beginner at guessing but every now and again I will throw my hat into the ring, always with the disclaimer that I am absolutely not to be trusted! 😆 If it's real questionable with wild guesses on both sides, I will ask questions to help me learn. BYC is an amazing resource. Hide and watch!

Oh, and when people have helped me (with reasonable guesses) most of the people have been correct. A few people said cockerels for 100% pullets, but hey, everyone's learning.

I've got mixed answers on my silkies, but they're hard to sex. (And did I forget to mention the silkies are only 4 weeks old?)

Back
Top Bottom