How often do you eat eggs for breakfast & how cooked?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Bearing1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Bearing1

Bearing1 Out Of The Brooder

I eat them almost every morning and prefer eggs over easy
    usually with home made bread and coffee.
    Bearing1

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Almost never, I sometimes use boiled eggs for my salads in the summer. I work all week and I do not eat anything before work that might give me "issues". I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago so, eggs are one of my trigger foods (when I eat over easy ones) that might have me running for the bathroom in 20 minutes. I can eat scrambled though, so if I do have eggs, I eat them on weekends. Had some llast weekend actually.

3. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    Every day! I have a little thing I bought from walmart that cooks an egg in the perfect size for a english muffin or bagel - and then i toss a slice of cheese on it - it's great! I have one bantam sized hen who lays small eggs - and my kid thinks she is laying them just for her - so it is a great thing for a picky preschooler.

4. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    Every day! I have a little thing I bought from walmart that cooks an egg in the perfect size for a english muffin or bagel - and then i toss a slice of cheese on it - it's great! I have one bantam sized hen who lays small eggs - and my kid thinks she is laying them just for her - so it is a great thing for a picky preschooler.

5. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Every day! Two eggs over easy with two slices of dry toast. Sometimes I have poached or scrambled. Or an omelet with fresh salsa and cheese. I used to eat them hard fried but I've gotten away from that. One way I love them is two eggs scrambled with 1/4 cup parmesian cheese and about 2 tablespoons of cream. Scramble in a pan with butter. Not a diet friendly recipe and it smells up the kitchen but nothing beats that taste. My dad called them barf eggs and refused to let me cook them when I lived home.

6. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Just about every day... 2 fried eggs to go on top of my hm pancakes w/syrup or I make a baggie omelet with 2 eggs and whatever fixing I want to throw in then eat it on a tortilla for a breakfast burrito. Love my fresh eggs [​IMG]

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I like my eggs poached the best for breakfast.....I like egg salad sandwiches and also like them whisked into soup for egg noodle soup. I will use top ramen noodles with seasoning they come with and cut up dill pickle in this makes good soup.

8. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't eaten an egg in 6 years. I was vegan for 2 years and now non dairy pescetarian for 4. I plan to eat my first green egg. I'm waitin'.[​IMG]

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:what is that??? seriously IDK [​IMG]

I eat them on weekends over easy love my frogs on a log--hehe egg in a hole...dipping eggs etc...

10. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Pescetarians eat only fish as an animal protein. I am basically vegan except that I eat fish a few times a week. I probably won't really start eating eggs as a usual thing because I have high cholesterol and that is why I quit eating meat and dairy in the first place, but I want to eat a few of my own chickens' eggs. I'm really looking forward to it!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by