How often do you water your cacti and succulents? House plant thread!

How often do you water your cacti?🌵

• Total voters
Jun 9, 2021
Colorado
Hi, so I have a obsession with houseplant...(and chickens) but I thought I would make this thread to share different pics of our house plants and to share how many we have. now I don’t know the exact number I have but I think it’s somewhere between 120 or 150 but I still want more! Share your desert plants talk about plants and all your house pants I’m curious to see! I will go take pictures of all of mine and then share them!

I took an indoor plant class in college. We propagated 175 species (mostly by cuttings) of which 163 survived and made it back to my apartment. 6mos later my girlfriend (now wife) lived in my apt for 3 mos over summer break. During this time she killed everything i had but 5.
Since then, 17 yrs after graduation, she has depleted our house plants to only 3. Now our children are seemingly trying to finish them off.
Id love to have more plants. We have a "sun room" with 18 windows and 28 windows in our main floor. But right now i am overwhelmed with the amount of farm work to xare for them.

My mother had a black thumb. She once even killed a plastic plant. I could take over a dying plant, and it would flourish. The only plant she hasn’t killed is now 42. We call it a Stephen plant because it was given to her when we lost my infant brother. It’s actually a snake plant.
Speaking of which, COOL SNAKE, @Tre3hugger !! :love

… I always thought houseplants were a waste. I even went so far as to intentionally kill the Christmas cactus I was given many years ago. That took a looooong time. Can you even fathom how much I regret that now that I’m ordering a new one for $20?! :he
I never knew I’d get to a point in my life when I’d like houseplants.

I have about 15 plants in the house. 5 of 6 of which are in my little loft sleeping area/jungle. I have some herbs on the kitchen windowsill like rosemary, thyme, lavendsar sage and basil. Sharing the kitchen windowsill counter is an aloe plant xmas cactus and a couple of orchids. Sitting on the phone desk is a mixed succulent pot and a palm we got as a gift. Also downstairs is a wandering jew and some echinacea.

Up in my room I have a mass cane/pothos arrangement on a 3 tiered plant stand that is quite large located next to my snake terrarium. A lily graces my dresser. Hanging from the ceiling is a boston fern, a spider plant and a succulent arrangement. :)

I have two open spaces on that plant stand...🤔

Back
Top Bottom