HOW OFTEN DO YOU....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cherrychicken, Aug 23, 2008.

1. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    .... change you chickens' water?

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I clean my waterers everyday and make sure their waterers are filled with fresh twice daily.......

3. cherrychicken

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    cool, oh yah and just to make this more accurate how many chickens do you have, how big and what kind of waterers do you have and do you change more or less depending on the season?

4. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    daily i clean and change there water

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I have over 60 at the moment. Water needs changed atleast once a day and in the summer when its hot I keep all waterers filled with fresh twice a day....I have 5 waterers. 2 inside the henhouse because it's divided. I have 3 large waterers outside in the two runs. One side has more chickens than the other is the reason for 2 outside.

And yes it's alot of work....I have 5 gal. and 2 gallon plastic waterers, inside the henhouse there are 2 heated dog water bowls that of course aren't heated til cold weather hits. I have Large Fowl or Standards as some call them.

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I do 12 chicken waterers a day...they are cleaned fresh daily regardless of season. In the summertime, at least twice a day and sometimes more often to keep the water cool. Sizes range from quart to 5 gallon, depending on which nursery, breeder pen or coop they are in. This does not include our indoor brooders or the quail, pheasant and turkey waterers, which DH does daily also.

Jody

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Everyday

8. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    We only have 7 chooks...but we do twice a day [​IMG]

9. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I have 29 chickens/guineas with two five gallon waterers, one inside and one outside.

The outside one is cleaned and filled daily. Sometimes the inside one goes two days before needing to be cleaned and filled. However, if it's really hot... I give them cold water more often during the day.

10. cherrychicken

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by