How often...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by paganfish, Jan 6, 2008.

1. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    do you eat eggs on a weekly basis? [​IMG]

Just curious. I tend to eat eggs daily and I know this is probably not good for me but I love them! Are they really that bad? [​IMG]

Pedro [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    Yes it is good for you!

I have vowed not to eat another egg until my girls start laying.

3. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Quote:LOL! Thanks...i appreciate it. Someone on here told me so but I forget...

Your chickens will appreciate you for it...I did the same when mine went through molt. It's wort the wait...

Pedro

4. Bawkadoodledoo

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    Quote:LOL! Thanks...i appreciate it. Someone on here told me so but I forget...

Your chickens will appreciate you for it...I did the same when mine went through molt. It's wort the wait...

Pedro

that person was downright WRONG!

the gov. is telling everyone that this margarine is way better for you than eggs but a teaspoon of that stuff will wreak more havoc on your weight and health than millions of eggs!

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I would most anything can be bad for you in large quantities. You probably shouldn't eat a dozen eggs a day for breakfast, just like if you ate a dozen apples you'd be sitting on the toilet all day. [​IMG] It's all about balance...lol...this coming from me, who clearly is unbalanced in the sweets department.

I agree with the whole margarine thing too. We only use real butter, mainly because most margarines have the same amount of fat as butter and margarine is also structurally similar to plastic. :eek:

6. Bawkadoodledoo

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    Quote:bet half the pop. of America doesn't know that. :eek:

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I agree on the margarine and butter - we only use butter.

We're not eating many eggs..... cause my girls aren't laying very many - we get perhaps 1 a day from the bantams, and today we got a weird one I believe the first from one of my standards....
    But once they get going, we'll eat as many as we can......

[​IMG]

I don't believe they're BAD fo ryou to eat too many - every couple of weeks the health industry comes up with something else that will kill us..... I don't listen anymore! [​IMG]

8. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    we eat eggs here almost everyday.have ya ever thought about how many different things you eat in a day are made with eggs in them [​IMG]

9. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    We eat them in fits and spurts...we may eat a dozen in a week, then we may not touch an egg for the next. It also depens on if I'm baking, making eggs for breakfast, or cooking them in something.

We were using real butter for the longest. Hydrogenated anything is bad for you. We stopped using it when we were both told our cholesterol is elevated, so the hubby started buying I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I don't really like it, plus it's got the hydrogenated stuff in it, and it doesn't do as well in baking. I'm seriously gonna try to sneak some real butter back into the house.

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:We have that in the fridge, its all they had at the little store down the road...
    It should be called "I can't believe its plastic!" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by