How old are my Cornish Rocks?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by JNorth, Mar 25, 2013.

1. JNorth

JNorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2012
    Western New York
    Can anyone give me an idea of how old these Cornish Rocks are? When we got them their wings were just starting to feather. We've had them for 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I don't think they are over 3 weeks. They were probably a few days old when you got them. You could call and find out when the shipment arrived. They were probably 2 or 3 days the day they got them.

3. jecombs

jecombs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2011
    They look exactly like mine, feathered on the body but still fuzzy on the head. Mine are 3 weeks old today.

4. JNorth

Mar 7, 2012
    Western New York
    Thanks!

5. Partyfowl

Partyfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Pacific Northwest
    Looks like they are still inside your house? Watch out Cornish's get stinky much fast then standard chickys! If possible I would move them into the garage or garden shed or even the neighbors house. [​IMG]

6. phalenbeck

phalenbeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Canton, N.C.
    Mine are 4 1/2 weeks, and in a shed as it is really cold. I never thought of the nieghbors house or garage to aviod chicken dust and cornish X. Great suggestion.

7. JNorth

Mar 7, 2012
    Western New York
    Yep they are in our house. I change the bedding (shredded paper) very often. That's partially why I was asking about their age. I can't wait until they are old enough to be moved into the woodshed coop. I refuse to use a heat lamp in there for safety reasons though so they need to be able to keep themselves warm out there. Maybe next week.....

8. daviechik

daviechik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    omg are those photos great! i love the last one!!!!!

gonna be hard not getting attached to them i swear, mine are TWO weeks today and im still a nervous wreck over them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by