How old are these chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Freya, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Freya

Freya Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2011
    Granville
    Anyone know about how old these chicks might be? Their baby photo in each bottom corner was taken on Aug. 20th and the older photo of them were taken Sept. 20th. Trying to figure out when they may start laying eggs (and if they are even all hens lol) Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    i'de say probably 12 weeks. as for breed polish, easter egger, cochin

3. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    1st- hen
    2ngd- rooster
    3rd- rooster?

4. manybirds

Jul 4, 2011
    i think the cochins a roo. the polish looks like a hen but polish's can be decieving. and the EE LOOKS like a hen

5. Freya

Freya Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2011
    Granville
    The Polish is very girly lol! Wants attention all the time and always has to be right in the middle trying to figure out what the others have.

The EE (we were told Ameraucana, but can't tell much diff. between the breeds) is a bully. It freaks out and squeals when you try to pick it up and it pecks the Polish on the head all the time (think it's jealous of the pretty feathers lol) and flies at both of them with it's feet.

The cochin reminds me of my gypsy horse, VERY laid back, non-spooky and friendly. Loves to be petted on and held.

They all crack me up!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  6. manybirds

Jul 4, 2011
    Quote:the only thing about the polish is the shape of it's crest (like a male) other than that it's very girly looking

7. lynn1961

lynn1961 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    south central Oklahoma
    The Polish looks like a roo.
    The EE looks roo ish to me. I say this due to the coloring and stature and having just gotten rid of 12 simular looking cockrels like yours.
    The Cochin looks like a pullet

8. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Quote:I was going to say 10 or 11 weeks.

9. ZoeZoo

ZoeZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    I agree 12 weeks. Mine, though they were not the same breeds, looked a bit like that at 12wks.

10. Freya

Freya Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2011
    Granville
    Well this morning I heard the first attempts of crows inside the coop lol! It wasn't the Cochin because it came out and there was still crowing inside. One crowed and one peep peep peeped lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by