how old are these geese? (pics)

BellLisamo

Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Tombstone, AZ
My mom picked up these free geese, right now they are at her house in the city ahhaaa! Are they African? Brown Chinese?

They "said" they were 6 months... hmm.... look big!

Anyone???

geese.jpg

gessee.jpg

Quote:
Well my mom has them right now, shes 3 hours away. She picked them up for me
smile.png
Buuuttt they didnt know the genders.
sad.png

So i will listen to them when they get here. Are their voices easy to distinguish like the ducks?

I have no idea what breed that is, never heard of it. LOL is that good? hahaa

Quote:
Well my mom has them right now, shes 3 hours away. She picked them up for me
smile.png
Buuuttt they didnt know the genders.
sad.png

So i will listen to them when they get here. Are their voices easy to distinguish like the ducks?

I have no idea what breed that is, never heard of it. LOL is that good? hahaa

They are pretty easy to distinguish. I can tell the genders of my geese apart by just hearing their voices.

Ive never had them, but they sure are a pretty breed.
big_smile.png

Yes, they are saddlebacks. I have a gosling that is the only one to hatch from 2 different geese. So I have toulouse goslings that are his/her playmate. My SO named him/her 'Cheepers'. She/he is a talker. I haven't quite figured how to post pics. I have the download ok, just can't figure out how to post on the forum.

well guess its time to build another duck pen. lol. this time for geese!

hope i get a boy and girl to breed!!!!!!!!!!!! it seems geese are hard to find. well... here in az

Quote:
Another way you can tell gender once you get them, the boys are bolder and less afraid and if they think there is a threat the boy will come out in front of the girl and threaten to protect her. Keep watching for that behavior. Buff saddleback poms are good. I have greys and havn't seen anywhere to get the buff (not that I have looked really hard, I need another breed or variety of goose like I need a hole in the head LOL.

Quote:
Another way you can tell gender once you get them, the boys are bolder and less afraid and if they think there is a threat the boy will come out in front of the girl and threaten to protect her. Keep watching for that behavior. Buff saddleback poms are good. I have greys and havn't seen anywhere to get the buff (not that I have looked really hard, I need another breed or variety of goose like I need a hole in the head LOL.

oh! wow, thanks for that info, my mom will be bringing them to me on the 20th!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom