how old are they?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Fraoch21, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Fraoch21

Fraoch21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Highlands, Scotland
    hi, this is my first time raising quail and i love them, they are so full of character and so friendly [​IMG] anyway, i had only one surviving hatchling from the eggs i tried to incubate so i bought 5 others from a safari park near me, my little one(i think golden) is now 2 1/2 weeks old but i dont know how old the other 5 are. They are bigger then him and had all their feathers when i got them (2 weeks ago). They are still really small(probably able to fit through normal chicken wire) with all feathers other than the sides of their heads. I weighed them and the 2 males are 3 ounces and the females 2 1/2 ounces. my little on is 2 ounces. so how old do you think they might be and when do you think i could put them outside?
    the weather here is on and off wet cold/ sunny hot so its pretty unpredictable. i huge a huge run for them with an insulated big hen house. for right now could i keep them in the house but without the heat lamp? thanks for any input [​IMG]

oops, forgot to say, my one is a coturnix i think golden colour and the other 5 are just the average colour coturnix, i dont know whthere they are jumbo or what

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. Grey and green feathers

Grey and green feathers Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    My coturnix chicks are at that same age and they are 3 weeks old [​IMG] such a cute stage... But theyre always so cute to me. [​IMG]

3. Fraoch21

Fraoch21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Highlands, Scotland
    awh they are so sweet [​IMG] you just want to cuddle them all the time, its odd how scared they are when i bend over their brooder but as soon as im holding them they just sit and look at you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by