How Old Are We??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by shell25, Sep 21, 2010.

1. shell25

shell25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Derbyshire
    Could anyone have a rough guess at the age of my pullets, i think we may have a australorp, barred rock, orpington.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    About how big are they? they look like fancy breeds where did you get them?

The whitish ones look like splash Andalusians, the black one looks like a Black sex link, and the Barred ones look like a barred rock but she has pink legs like a Maran.

3. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    I think they look about 15 weeks + They look about the size of mine.
    I have a Cuckoo Maran and a cream legbar about 15 weeks and 4 Mutts Leghorn x Speckled Sussex 16weeks about that size. Yours look really lovely where did you get them????

Oesdog - [​IMG]

4. shell25

Sep 18, 2010
    Derbyshire
    Quote:Wow!! We was told around 9 wks but thought the australorp was slightly older or a roo (its a pullet). We just bought them from somebody local i think he breeds them, he had quite a few to choose from.

Michelle

5. shell25

Sep 18, 2010
    Derbyshire
    Quote:Just someone local who had quite a few to choose from! There not that big id say the cream one and barred rock are approx 6-7" high and the black maybe 9". Was told around 9 wks but the black 1 we think is older than the other 2.

Thanks Michelle

6. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Quote:Wow!! We was told around 9 wks but thought the australorp was slightly older or a roo (its a pullet). We just bought them from somebody local i think he breeds them, he had quite a few to choose from.

Michelle

Hay I am only looking at a photo they could look smaller in real life its hard to tell from a picture? Maybe mine are just small?????

Anyhow here are 4 of mine still with their mother these are the oldest ones 16 weeks.

[​IMG]

Oesdog - these are the mutts!!!! Oh yeah and Bertha the brown one!!!! WILL NOT GIVE UP BEING A MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. shell25

Sep 18, 2010
    Derbyshire

Michelle

Hay I am only looking at a photo they could look smaller in real life its hard to tell from a picture? Maybe mine are just small?????

Anyhow here are 4 of mine still with their mother these are the oldest ones 16 weeks.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59801_move_over.jpg

Oesdog - these are the mutts!!!! Oh yeah and Bertha the brown one!!!! WILL NOT GIVE UP BEING A MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the two smaller 1s of mine there comb is only slightly showing and the black 1 is showing quite alot more, so i think yours maybe abit older. I guess the only way i will know is when they kindly leave me an egg [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by