How old does this horse look?

petchickenlover

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
I apologize for the not-great pics. This horse absolutely despises his mouth being messed with for some reason. Plus my camera decided to focus on the background and not the foreground... but from what you can see, how old does he look?

2nq5lll.jpg

wish the picture was clearer. I see teeth all day long but to give you a accurate age I would need a clearer picture.

Can't really see the grooves but from the slant on those teeth I'd say it's an old timer of at least 20. Could be the camera angle though.

I'll find my other camera and try to get a better pic.I was lucky to get that shot but of course it's blurry...

Yes,20+ would be accurate...

Quote:
Thank you! She's an Arab.

The estimate i got from old owner was 25-30. when i was taking these photos i couldn't really see a groove..but then again he was tossing his head so much i couldn't see much..
tongue.png

If the groove's gone you're looking at closer to 30. And yes, I agree that wolf tooth is worn quite a bit, so yeah ... probably closer to 30. What condition is the horse in otherwise?

Looks like some "old man sag" going on in his back there, but that could just be the position of his hind quarters/rise of the ground. His muscling, coat, and overall condition look great! Are his legs sound? Can he still be ridden? I'm a firm believer that the longer they have a purpose (within reason) the healthier they stay, and it looks like this boy has kept busy.

Back
Top Bottom