How old when they 1st crow? 7 weeks!

chickychicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
Denver, CO
About four weeks back we realized our CiCi was a Cecil. Today we heard the oddest noise from the coop and over a few minute period there were four "beginners" crow! Oh how I wish it was something I could have recorded. Cecil has found his voice
smile.png

We are re-homing him (can't have roosters where we live) and were a bit worried that the planned move this weekend was too soon - but I guess not!

I'm with you on that! When Shanti started crowing we were cracking up SO hard! I did manage to record it. He is about 3 months old now and has been crowing for about a month. I thought they didn't start crowing until they were about three or four months old, but there he was crowing. He's sounding better at it now, but it's still funny sounding. And he's getting louder with it too. lol
gig.gif

My Wyandotte did not crow till 15 weeks & Bob, the Brahma still does not even crow at 17 weeks, however he does make a very loud noise like a goose honking - maybe that is his crow??

My roos are four months old and started to crow kinda its not your regulare cockle doodle doo. But their bantmas so??? its more of a baccccccccccc. lol sounds like a bark though sometimes or someones squeezing him. now hes the only one that crows.
62989_2010_07240011.jpg
[/img] hes the one in the background behind my australorp hen

Back
Top Bottom