How Old

iloveducks3

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2017
I have11 week old Pekin ducks and want to know when I can put them out in a run with a well built duck house. They are in a dog kennel now in the garage where it is warm. The temp here in Kansas City is only in the 60s during the day and 40s at night. NEED HELP

You can put them out as soon as they are fully feathered, maybe at 15 weeks or so. Otherwise, you can put a heat lamp out for them for the colder nights. 60 should be ok in the daytime though.

Do you have 11-- 1 week old ducklings?
Or theya re 11 weeks old?
Ducklings can go outside easily with no heat by 4-5 weeks old. Some larger breeds even earlier.
They do very well if there is enough of them to keep each other warm.
I have never heard of waiting till 15 weeks old---- im guessing thay was a typo?
My ducklings last spring went out at 3 weeks old. And nights dipped into low 30s and they did great. There were 6 of them. And they were pekins, swedish, buffs and runners.
My 2 and 3 week old ducklings are being brooded in the outdoor coop right now and the heated corner is 70-75 and they sleep on the outside edges of it. And play all over and never act cold. And its still getting into the 30s at night here .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom