*How Paisley Found His Manhood....*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tripp16, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] Ok so this is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen!! [​IMG]

Heres the story...... I have 5 LF hens all different breeds. Then I have 2 banty hens and 1 banty Rooster, Paisley..... Well the hens havent started laying yet and Paisley is the same age but has been sexually mature! [​IMG]

Anyways! I let my LF hens free range today they are a pretty group of hens if I dont say so myself but little Paisey thought they were a little tooo pretty! [​IMG]

The girls (teasingly I think) walk over to the bantam hutch where he is because he has been crowing for the past five minutes at them.. [​IMG]

When they walk over Paisley pushes "Jill" out of his way he gets right up next to wire slams his wings down and flicks his little leg..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I wanted to fall over laughing! The girls were not amused and began shuffling the leaves out of the way to find the worms in the moist dirt! [​IMG]

They have never lived with a Roo and I guess they dont care either! He is still out there crowing like there is not tomorrow! [​IMG]

Here a pic of the little man..... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Funny story! He's a beauty!

3. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh my lol what a handsome boy [​IMG]

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Probably in his little rooster brain he's wondering how those big 'ol hens can resist his charm.
    He looks to me like he knows how handsome he is. [​IMG]
    Gorgeous!

5. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Oh gosh! I will not let him read these post or his little chicken head will explode with confidence! [​IMG]

6. HollidaySmith

HollidaySmith Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Peru, Indiana
    He is a nice looking roo. My buff roo always did a little dance before trying to mount. He is now deceased, but every time I see one of our current (3) roos getting romantic, I think of Mr. Big's dance. :eek:)

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I just love watching the Rooster Dance of Love!

Paisley is adorable.

I have a bantam Salmon Faverolle who tries to impress the neighbor's hens - they are penned in a run right along the property line. My flock ranges freely. Hitchcock crows and crows and postures for 'em. They watch with interest.

8. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:[​IMG] My girls could really care less.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by