Winter is playing a cruel joke on us here in northern Ontario, and as a result we may not have our coop and run set up outside quickly enough. I was hoping to have the coop/run built by May 1st and move the chicks out shortly after that (they are coming on Wednesday). Now my plans will probably have to change a bit because at this rate (and with the current forecast) there will still be too much snow on the ground at the start of May to get the coop moved into place (we are converting an old shed into a coop but it is currently sitting in 3-4 feet of snow). I'm getting 10 chicks and wondering how long I can keep them in the brooder, or if I can set up a second brooder once they get too big to fit into one. The brooder I have is approximately 2x4'. I am getting RSL, BSL, NHX, BR, CRX, 2 of each.