How RARE are White Faverolles?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Elite Silkies, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Is this color rare, or hard to find?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    [​IMG] No one knows?

3. dahlia333

dahlia333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Portland
  4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I posted my response of the fav thread hope you get some!

5. Hillside

Hillside Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2010
    At least in the areas where I have shown I wouldn't call the white Faverolle rare. Some people have them instead of the salmon and lots seemed to have them along with their salmons, often because the salmons threw white chicks. I should add that I am talking about the Standards. Bantams may be another story but one I don't know anything about.

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Where are you located? I am interested because I am in Maryland and I actually have never seen another faverolles at a show. I have BBS, one blue salmon, and salmons all bantam faverolles though.

Henry

7. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    If the salmon color is rare than I would Imagine that all the other colors of favorolles would be even more Rare. [​IMG]

8. omashu44

omashu44 New Egg

Nov 26, 2012
    i'm new to the thread but i have some white faverolles my salmon threw them but it is rare cause i've only ever seen the ones i have in my area but white faverolles are from France and are common over there. so seeing a white faverolle is normally a sign of future whites if you dont inbreed you have to keep the lines clean or you will get a few with small wings or one leg but most of the time the letal gene i have seen many inbreeding in the auctions around my area but i like to keep the good quality birds and if i neeed more i order them from France.

9. omashu44

omashu44 New Egg

Nov 26, 2012
    i'm new to the thread but i have some white faverolles my salmon threw them but it is rare cause i've only ever seen the ones i have in my area but white faverolles are from France and are common over there. so seeing a white faverolle is normally a sign of future whites if you dont inbreed you have to keep the lines clean or you will get a few with small wings or one leg but most of the time the letal gene i have seen many inbreeding in the auctions around my area but i like to keep the good quality birds and if i neeed more i order them from France.

10. lesslea317

lesslea317 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2013
    Are you still around with your white faverolles? Do you have a rooster for sale?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by