How rude!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Nov 20, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My adult flock is let out way earlier in the morning than my younger flock is. The younger flock is still learning their boundaries - that is to say, don't come in the fenced yard while the dogs are out for their playtime.

The youngsters are not really suffering by being in their coop till later in the morning. They have a big coop and once I open the solid doors, they can look out.

The last couple of days my adult birds have decided to tease the little ones. As soon as I let the big'uns out, they head straight for the front of the babies coop. There they play, dustbathe, and steal whatever scratch leftovers they can find. Sometimes they just stand and look in at the little ones.

Meanwhile the little ones watch all this going on and complain loudly. I'll betcha if they could they would [​IMG] the big birds.

Mean thangs. [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    When I was a kid I didn't want to play with the grownups. Now I'm grown up I still don't play well. Some chickens are the same way.

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:When I was a kid, being with grownups was all I knew. Never did learn to play well with kids my own age...or not to run with scissors. [​IMG]

4. calvincoop

calvincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    It's all in good fun. Little stinkers! When your youngsters grow old and wise they can do it to your newest young flock. Reminds me of high school.[​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:So true! Yesterday evening two of the pullets got their revenge. They raided the adults coop at roost time. [​IMG]

6. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    When the young'uns are still fit and youthful and the oldies are really actually old, we'll see who's laughing then!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by