How "rural" is your area?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KyleD., Apr 28, 2009.

1. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    So i got like 5 things down and the farm section on my craigslist and notice this. http://greenville.craigslist.org/grd/1144868508.html

The
    bad thing is this person is VERY serious and is over half of the population up here lol. I'll go ahead and admit our last HUGE satellite dish (those you can like swim in) was used as a garden bed. THe pole soon became a basketball pole lol.

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Looks like they have a kitchen sink in their back yard that might be for sale as well.

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Oh my goodness - I'm sooooo going to do that! We have a spare dish when we upgraded to HD last year and I've been using it to prop the gate open when I drive the truck through (otherwise it swings shut before I can even get back in the truck.) But I'll upgrade it to a birdbath! It won't rust, will it?

We're not that rural, but I grew up very rural and you just can't take the country out of a country girl! We live in a town of 30,000 but we have 6+ acres at the end of a dead-end road with 80 undeveloped acres next to us and only 1 neighbor that can see into our yard. I'm not overly concerned what they'll think of a satellite birdbath.

4. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    Quote:Should be rust free. I mean he said its worth thousands more than what he's asking so ya'd think so ha ha ha [​IMG]

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I couldn't see the photo, but I gather it's about an old satellite dish. I've actually wanted to take one of the huge (10') solid fiberglas ones and make a huge dog house roof out of it. We have one at our disposal, still connected, etc., and DH says it probably weighs about 200 pounds. That's husband speak for, "I don't want to do it."

Actually, I had planned to paint it all, and I don't think it would have looked too bad. Of course, we have no neighbors and love it that way. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    THe post was flagged.

We have an old HUGE satellite dish that we might turn into a duck pond. We will have to sink it a bit and line it and put a ramp on it somehow, but the ducks won't care. [​IMG]

ETA our town is 481 people near the Canadian border. [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

THe US Census Bureau says there are 0 people where we are moving. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:Good for you!

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
  10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by