How spoiled are your chickens?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rebecca10782, Feb 21, 2009.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    I think I win. The other night I brought them all grapes. They usually eat them if I sqush them so they can get them in their beaks. That night most of them didn't eat them but kept yelling at me like they wanted them. We have a girl with a crossed beak, so I have to peel a grape and get all the mush from the inside so she can eat them more easily. When I did that, the babies were trying to get it. So, it wasn't that they didn't want the grapes, they just wanted them peeled! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So of course I did [​IMG] They are too cute. I is so interesting how they are telling you in their launguage what they want.

2. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    lol...

I can see this now, and believe me, I also have some pretty spoilt girls.

it is so interesting how we can interact with them isn't it?

I am also learning all the time what some of their language means, like the alarm call "Come on girls, here she comes" in the mornings, one of my girls sits by the window each morning and calls the others to be ready for freedom as I approach.

Now it has got so that even if I go to the coup late in the evening they all come tumbling down to see what I am bringing for them.

this has to be one of the very best things I have done in years.

Jena.

3. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Aww, I know. It is so amazing how fasinating they are. My first thought when I wanted to get chickens was eggs. I love all animals but I just thought that chickens didn't have a personality and didn't interact with humans. Man, was I wrong! My mom says that our chickens have better personalities than a lot of people she knows [​IMG] [​IMG] I feel the same way [​IMG] Now I will always have chickens, even if they don't lay. I am so in love with them. I have learned chicken language and can converse with them perfectly. Sicilia is the one that always jumps off the roost at night to greet me. She is soooo sweet now that she is laying, she courts me. I keep telling her that I don't look like a rooster [​IMG]

4. chickenmum

chickenmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Do you think that with some animals for different people, they just have something about them? Is that too technical for you?[​IMG]

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

No, I spoil them the most.

Every day treats of some sort are distributed to the flock. All of the roosters are vicious, however I refuse to get rid of them. I give the hens hugs and kisses and all the love in the world. When they free-range, they're free to lay eggs anywhere so long as I can find them. (They often lay in the boxes though I do sometimes find them in the feeding area.) Many times when no one is looking I won't finish my fruits and give 'em to the chooks. I often allow them to sleep in the nesting boxes at night (that includes roos also!) Everyone is named and well taken care of all day. None will ever become dinner and live out there lives as long as nature intends.

I even buy them clothes. Who buys chickens clothes? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I win.

6. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I have to go with peeling grapes for all of them, as being the most spoiled. Although, buying them clothes is right up there. It's very close. I can't wait to see what the next person posts! [​IMG]

7. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    We have a rescue named gracie. She gets cream corn, grapes, and any other thing she may want she stands there telling you all about it until she gets what she wants she knows where the meal worms are keep and is there to demand hers anytime you get near the door. This would not be so bad if we did not cave in every time but we do LOL and she stays in a heated barn with air in the summer spoiled but then when she came to the rehab she was pitiful her beck cut off so far her tongue sticks out all the time and she was way under weight such a pitiful looking thing we all fell in love with her. The owners of the rehab spoil her to no end and all the rest of us just add to it on the days we are there

8. sunshine twins

sunshine twins New Egg

Sep 12, 2008
    HI My chickens r really spoiled Cuz I give them Oatmeal and bread every other day. And they love grapes. Any kind of grapes. I have 1 rooster and 7 hens. They r buff orp.

9. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Need I Say More?!?!

10. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008