How to apply anti-pick liquid?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chrissy855, Jul 7, 2010.

1. chrissy855

chrissy855 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2010
    I've noticed that one of my Faverolle's is following and pecking one of the Ameracauana's butt (all are pullets). I purchased some Stop-Pick-Liquid by domvet to apply to the Aracauna's rear end. How exactly do you apply it though? Are you just supposed to squirt it on their feathers? Are you supposed to rub it in ( [​IMG] as nasty as that sounds!)?

Also, I noticed that the liquid is red! I thought chickens were attracted to the color red, and by that logic wouldn't it cause the chickens to peck the poor victim more? The chicken hasn't drawn any blood on the other one yet and I don't want it to get any ideas. But on the label, it says to apply at the first sign of pecking. So I am unsure whether I should use it or not because it is red. Sorry for all these newbie questions, I am completely new to chickens, I have had them for just over a month.

Thanks so much
    Christine

2. chrissy855

chrissy855 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2010
    Does anyone have any idea of how to apply it? I don't want to apply it wrong and end up harming my chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by