1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how to attach one piece of chicken wire to another

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by my three chickens, Apr 8, 2008.

1. my three chickens

my three chickens Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2008
    We're building our coop and need to secure the seams where two piece of chicken wire meet. How do we do that? Hoping for a way that's not weaving a kinky piece of wire through the holes all the way along the seam...

Thanks!

2. 2dream

2dream Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Jackson MS
    The only way I know is to weave away unless you use a post at that particular seam so you have something to staple too.
    Or you can use wire ties I guess to attach.
    Make sure you overlap for extra security.

3. TransplantedTexan

TransplantedTexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Bear Creek, Wi
  4. joanc

joanc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2007
    Shafer, MN
    Hi. We used hog clips along all of our seams--they work really good. You might be able to get them at Tractor Supply or at a local hardware store.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Are hog rings similar to the crimping rings used for rabbit cages? That's what we used. [​IMG]

I will say that we're getting better at building things around the size of the wire, instead of the other way around. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  6. joanc

joanc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2007
    Shafer, MN
    Hog clips are somewhat triangular in shape. You would need the crimping tool to squeeze them together. Sorry I do not have any pictures to show.

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Oh... I know what you're talking about! [​IMG] Naw... they're different from the rabbit clips, but similar in their uses. Either one works great, sounds like! [​IMG]

8. hiddenmagnolia

hiddenmagnolia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    South Louisiana
    The ring that you use for rabbit cages are easy to use with the right pliers.

9. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    J-Clips made by Hartz [​IMG]

10. JSC

JSC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    Union, Mo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by