How to butcher chicken that's already dead?

What did it die from?
And was it kept cool
Used to be common
https://honest-food.net/on-hanging-pheasants-2/
I don't want to read a long thing because I am butchering the chicken right now. He died of Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT) which can't infect humans so the meat should still be safe and he died right before I made this post so being kept cool doesn't enter the question.

I just plucked him and started cutting the neck off but now I'm not sure if I can do this because blood oozed out when I made the first cut. The fact that he didn't get to bleed out makes this feel a lot more like a dead animal than meat. I've butchered before but I don't know how to deal with the blood.

I don't want to read a long thing because I am butchering the chicken right now. He died of Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT) which can't infect humans so the meat should still be safe and he died right before I made this post so being kept cool doesn't enter the question.

I just plucked him and started cutting the neck off but now I'm not sure if I can do this because blood oozed out when I made the first cut. The fact that he didn't get to bleed out makes this feel a lot more like a dead animal than meat. I've butchered before but I don't know how to deal with the blood.
Also I punctured his crop and the smell of half-disgested corn made me gag. That wasn't a problem last time either. I wasn't expecting him to die. I'm not prepared for this.

Back
Top Bottom