how to care for a wild duckling

Pics

NorthernChick1

Songster
Jul 11, 2018
Ontario, Canada
hi everyone no hate please! my brother found a lone duckling in a big current by a dam. there was no site of any other ducks/ducklings around what so ever so he brought it home to me. i raise muscovies and chickens. i am wondering how i should care for this duckling. i will post photos soon. i dont know of the breed. we have wild mallards, wood duck, blue and green winged teals, black ducks, mergansers, golden eyes and more. all i have on me is chicken feed (layer and grower) i have live worms and meal worms. i habe a duck pool and i know of giving it fresh water but. can i feed it chicken feed? (i feed my muscovies layer feed with my chickens) is that safe for a wild duck??

Can you post a picture? I raise exotic ducks. I would feed it the grower in a mash for now. Depending on what kind he is he may need some better food.
i will soon. i am
Can you post a picture? I raise exotic ducks. I would feed it the grower in a mash for now. Depending on what kind he is he may need some better food.

i will post photos soon he is coming with the duckling right now. i will set her up outside in a dog cage with a chick waterer to get her started. is it dangerous to have her near my muscovies? This may be a dumb question but would my muscovie take her under her wing? btw i live in northern ontario canada

ok so i just got off the phone with my brother and he doesnt even know if it is a duck might be a baby loon or ever a gosling (canada goose) i'll see when he gets home. he is gone to check above the dam first in case there would be fowl up there.

i dont know what it is!!

Attachments

• JPEG_20190608_134150_2795247139684824123.jpg
    JPEG_20190608_134150_2795247139684824123.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 42

Back
Top Bottom