*~*How to change the mind of stubborn councilmen!*~*

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Wolf-Kim, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    If you have stubborn councilmen that refuse to let you and your chicken loving neighbors have chickens. This is the solution!

First you buy a Giant Rooster Statue, much like these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Make sure to paint it an eye-catching color, like pink or blue. Also, place it as the centerpiece to your front yard, where EVERYONE can see it. You could even add a petition sign hanging around the ol' boy's neck to make your point obvious.

THEN, at 9am, noon, and 9pm you have a recording of a rooster crowing play. Loud but not obnoxiously loud.

LOL. Get enough of these giant roosters standing front and center in people's yards, I think the councilmen would realize they would prefer the real things in the backyard much better.

Thought you all would like that.

-Kim

1 person likes this.
  2. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I like that idea.

One would look good by my pond.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Where does one buy these statues? I want one [​IMG]

4. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    Our local feed store has a smaller version of this. It really does catch your eye as you're driving by.

5. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008
  6. balticbabe

balticbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    King County, WA
    Make sure you point the vent end at the councilmembers in question. Only turn it around once they agree to your demands.

7. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Quote:Actually, maybe it would be better to paint or post a lifesize picture of your local councilperson on the vent of the bird... [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008
  9. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    They look kind of heavy. Might be hard to move around.

I wonder if anyone makes one thats inflatable. like those things they put out in front of car lots that flap around in the breeze. That would be cool.
    [​IMG]

Edited to add http://www.creatableinflatables.com/inflatable_animals.htm They have Turkeys!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  10. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008
    Tori, it looks like you could get them to build you a chicken! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! A 40' chicken in the front yard!! It could be the newest travelling and protesting Mascot for BYC!!

LET THERE BE CHICKENS!!

I know Alex needs on in Sanford NC!

-Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by