How to check for lice

penquin

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 7, 2011
As you can tell I am very new at this and I don't know alot. I would like someone to tell me how and where to check for mites and lice. I have had 5 barred rocks now for about 2 months now and they have no problems that I have seen. This morning I was giving them their morning bread( they love bread for some reason) and one of them stood off to the side and would'nt have any. Then I noticed that she was drinking alot of water. When I wen't out later I took a smallpiece of bread out to see if she would eat it and then she almost took my finger off trying to get it. Not real sure now what happened but it seemed that whatever was wrong was okay now.
I know that chickens clean their feathers so I'm not sure about the mites and lice, where to look, or what they look like. If anyone can help I would deeply appreciate it.

penquin

Maybe she didn't have her coffee yet...not awake enough for breakfast!
tongue.png

Quote:
LOL! I know I'm like that before my morning coffee!
lol.png

Is she low man on the pecking order, Sometimes when the lowgirl on the totem poll gets picked on and stands back rather than get in trouble with the others. ?

Quote:
LOL! I know I'm like that before my morning coffee!
lol.png

Is she low man on the pecking order, Sometimes when the lowgirl on the totem poll gets picked on and stands back rather than get in trouble with the others. ?

That's what I was thinking as well.

Back
Top Bottom