how to contact administration

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by slightlyscrambled, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    There is a thread titled "show us your games" twice now I have opened it and twice now I have gotten an alert from norton that it contains a "trojan"
    Something should be done ?

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    I think your version of Norton is seeing a link to a pic it doesn't like and getting confused.

My system shows nothing for that thread.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I'm sure one of the mods will come along, but you can see them by their different color names in the long list of users online at any time. (not the gold ones, those are goldfeather members) Mod's names are in brown, admins are green!

[​IMG] PC [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  4. slightlyscrambled

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    That could be. It said that it contained a trojan. Last time I had to disconnect to get it to go away. Kind of depressing because I have games and would like to read the thread.[​IMG]

5. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:It would be very difficult for a byc page to infect your PC with a trojan, difficult but not impossible.

I'd go through the tread without any worry. I'm running the latest AVG on Windows 7 and getting nothing.

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Where is the thread? I will delete it.

7. slightlyscrambled

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    Well if its just my 'puter than dont delete it! I know its been here a while but cant find it again.

8. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
  9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Very unlikely that anything directly on BYC would contain a virus. If you click a link someone posts and it is off BYC, that's a different story.

Either way, we take things like this very seriously, so please click the report button on the post for a member of our staff to review.

10. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:If you go to the link I posted please let me know what page triggers it or any details you can pass along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by