How to divide chickens into 2 coops?

wnbull0047

Hatching
Aug 21, 2016
Hello this is my first post on BYC . I have 2 coops and just got some new birds. How do I go about dividing them into 2 coops. They really like to stick together.

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

I'm not clear on the situation/question.

Would you give some additional info:

Do you already have a flock and got some newbies to integrate ?

Or have 2 coops with no existing flock and due to coop sized need to divide the newbies?

If they are the only chickens you have and grew up together, IMO find a way to let them live and roost together.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Sunflour has asked some important questions that will enable peeps to give the appropriate advice.

CT

If the chickens are all getting along well together it's a shame to break them up. Then if you want to change some birds around later, they will need to go through integration issues because they won't remember(know) each other.

If the chickens are all getting along well together it's a shame to break them up. Then if you want to change some birds around later, they will need to go through integration issues because they won't remember(know) each other.

I agree with Diva....unless you must divide them for some reason it might be better to keep them together. Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif
!

Back
Top Bottom