How to easier cull a chicken?(Kil*)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GhettoRoo, Nov 8, 2014.

1. GhettoRoo

GhettoRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    So as I understand one of my have a virus, thay ``myco`` thing.
    Story: before 4 months buy eight 2 months old layer chickens, first time this young. In first night in they coop get in a predator and eat one, and left one biten. So, stress in first night. After that they all was growing each in differrent size.. But one of them specially small. All this time I wasnt thinking about bacterias/virus, just new in this all ``BYC``.. So the look now:
    Have seven in march hatched those buyed chickens.
    Then kind a same time I made ``home brooded`` 6 chickens. From wich 4 is from neighbour chicken eggs.
    So about virus around: Those 7. are now ~ 6 months old, from wich 3 is laying and one is on the way, but they dont start lay in one time, 2-4 weaks between..One of them is under KG, that super sick.
    And one is bubbly eyes, but not always, once or two just saw that. But It's one of laying ones, (That bitten one, when was 2months old) Laying is all heavier ones..
    And from home hatched, there are sneezing in some, bubbly eyes, have, havent. 2 of them dont see nothing coming out.. They at first grow bigger than that 7 ones, but now there ar very light ones to..
    P.S, sorry for my bad language..
    P.S.S, my vet said that with my hatched chickens all ir alright, and need to cull those from 7, if they show simptons, kind like that..

So about one who is really sick, u know, I dont want to cut her head off. So, is there other ways to ``cull`` it less sadistic?

Now, for 2 weaks, she lives in a cage, 40 meters away of my coop.. Give, antibiotics, electrolyte..

Thanks. :) tffuuuuuu...

2. JediJinx

JediJinx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2014
    Ohio
    Cutting off head is the easiest and quickest way. Make sure you use very sharp heavy knife or hatchet. Breaking neck is quick if you do it right, kind of a technique to learn how.

3. GhettoRoo

Oct 7, 2014
    mby it is, yes. we di it with ax hatchet. just want to entomb in one piece..

4. GhettoRoo

Oct 7, 2014
    I wanna know if im supposed to kill those `sick` ones? It specially this one. half year old and under 1 kg. Because in our flock always had a `virus` i guess, call this 'quarantine flock'.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by