how to encourage my hens to lay their first eggs

Idir97

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2019
here is my silver laved brahma they are 6 months and 3 weeks(hatched February 10th) they didn't start to lay eggs any tips or advice to get them lay their first eggs?

My flock hatched feb 20th. I’m not sure if my 2 light Brahmas are laying yet. I think they are just starting this week. Although one has already exhibited broody behavior! Sitting on everyone’s eggs, plucking out breast feathers. Silly teenager, thinking she’s grown!
she may just do it too, i brought home some day old chicks with 8 week olds in the grow out pen and went over cause one of them was really upset, she wanted the box, so I showed her the baby chicks she plucked one out and took it over to where she nested, I was like ok goof ball, and gave her the other 3 for what I thought was temporarily, and there she sat with her little feathers all fluffed out happily talking to the new babies if anyone got to close she was a screeching banshee, she actually brooded them, teaching them , making sure they were warm and everything

they didn't start laying yet where i got them
May take time, stress from moving will have an effect.
What are they eating in the video?
Climate can have an affect too.

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-9-2_10-40-6.png

Back
Top Bottom