How to fatten up silkie bantam?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 4 Georgia Hens, Sep 13, 2017.

1. 4 Georgia Hens

4 Georgia Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    Hi BYC peeps!
    I have an 8 month old silkie who just got over being sick. My vet told me that she is a bit under weight. She eats and drinks normally, but I want to fatten her up more. FIY, I am not planing to cull her for food, this is just so that she can be healthy. Does anyone have a good tip to fattening them up quickly? Thanks so much!

2. 4 Georgia Hens

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    Anyone??

3. FlyingNunFarm

FlyingNunFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Chardon, OH
    I did a looking looking around and didn't really find anything. You want healthy weight gain. So generally that's not quick.
    I swear I read somewhere that walnuts are good for putting on a little weight. Of course I can't find where I read that now that I'm looking for it.
    You could always increase the protein intake. Especially after sickness it helps them recover a little faster. Again not to much... to much protein causes other problems.
    I think the best you can do is give her time.

4. 4 Georgia Hens

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    Ok

5. Saaniya

Saaniya Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2017
    Delhi
    We can't fatten up chickens ..but after an Recovery giving vitamin supplement (avoid B range in vitamins that B vitamin gives power to cocci protonza )
    with amino acid work

Food like
    Fresh Corn ..
    Meat (Cooked)

6. 4 Georgia Hens

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by