how to find a "stud" goat.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by agnes_day, Feb 18, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i am already thinking ahead about breeding my two girls next year..but i have no idea how to find a boyfriend for them. are there places or people in oklahoma that do that sort of thing?

2. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    You can put an ad on Craigslist. Just make sure that they have papers proving that the goats are disease free. The other thing you can do is look up goat breeders in your state. I just happen to answer an ad on Craigslist for someone selling a buck and asked if they would rent him out in the process of selling him. It was funny because I already knew the person too.

3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    What kind of goat? If you aren't particular about type and such...I have a deal for you! There aer folks and such if you are looking for particulars...I might be able to stear you in some directions depending on what you are wanting

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    You might want to go to your county fair this fall and get aquainted with some local goat people.

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
  6. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    well, these are pygmies crossed with a nigerian dwarf, so i would like to stick with that..i think they are cuter than full blood pygmies.

[​IMG]

7. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:???? i must be getting sleepy. i promise that i know if i breed my girl to a pygmy that it wont result in a purebred pygmy.

8. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Quote:I completely agree. Our Pygmy/Nigi cross has the most gorgeous coloring [​IMG]

9. doubleostud

doubleostud Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    I have a black with gray socks, and gray muzzle fainting goat that is about to be two months old. He will be an excellent stud, he is from great lines, and will be small with great lines. I have no idea what breeding a fainter to a pygmy would do, but I'm sure its been done before. If you are interested PM me.

10. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    it wouldnt make them...fainty would it? because that would get on my nerves really quick!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by