How to fix feathers for show. Please help :(

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
So I have my very first poultry show coming up this weekend and have entered my gorgeous barnevelder. She has finished molt and her feathers look amazing. BUT everyone was telling me that she needed to be given a bath before the show and that is what I did. I am now regretting it because her perfectly fanned out tail feathers seem messed up now! She got a blow dry and everything else looks great but her top two tail feathers seem thin, twisted, and sort of split. Are there any tricks to get those two feathers to get straight and "fan out" again? The show is in three days and now I'm kind of worried and bummed
sad.png

Quote:
OK,
when you bath the bird it wets the feathers and al the supporting structure in teh feather. It is normal for them to look split for the first few days while they groom them back in place. If they were bent while drying though they will be bent, you will need to rebathe her, and allow to dry or if bent severly you may have to sit and work with the feathers till they dry and are straight.

Back
Top Bottom