how to float test.....?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CarolinaKid 8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. CarolinaKid 8

CarolinaKid 8 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2011
    Darlington,sc
    Hi -- we are on day 15 of the first trial eggs.Can we float test them now and if someone can advise me on how? Thanks to all that have answered on BYC!100% .AUgh I have another question [​IMG] .My eggs are brown rir ,and very hard to candle,but at this time i can only see about half the egg is dark and shadowed .Is this normal ,can any tell me if the eggs are developing normal or developing late.I have looked at the sticky,but my eggs look about day 10 on there--no movement that I can see.. HeLP...thanks again Everyone...[​IMG][​IMG]

2. CarolinaKid 8

Jan 21, 2011
    Darlington,sc
    ok well Its been 15 hours and no one has even try to help my worrying on BYC .So this will be my last questions .thanks FOLKS

3. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    I could not tell you how to do a float test as I have never done it myself but I know the subject has been discussed several times in just the last 2 weeks... Put "float test" in the BYC search and you will get loads of info...

Goddess [​IMG]

4. CarolinaKid 8

Jan 21, 2011
    Darlington,sc
    Thank you for the info

5. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    fill up a buket of water and put the eggs in the bad ones float [​IMG] dont eat the bad ones [​IMG] or ells [​IMG] hop this helps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by