How to gain weight?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheDuckCrew, Apr 18, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Yes, i am seriously asking how to GAIN weight. I am about 5'8" and over 30 lbs under a HEALTHY weight. i have no eating problem, i actually eat a lot. last time i tried to gain weight, i lost 15 lbs. i'm still trying to gain it back. have been trying for 2 months and have gained TWO POUNDS! thats it! what do i do? i look sickly, like i'm starving. i want to gain healthy weight (not weight from junk food) and i want to have a healthy weight. any advice??

2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Mcdonalds? [​IMG]
    Weight lifting will put on healthy weight.

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Have you had your thyroid tested?

4. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    I actually eat McDonalds a lot. sometimes we just run out of time.

but i haven't had my thyroid tested. what would it do? like what would be wrong with it?

5. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    How old are you? I was always trying to gain weight when young, nothing worked and I ate like a horse. When I turned 30 it hit, now I wish I was that skinny kid again.

6. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    get a check up done with a full blood work up. deff get your thyroid checked.
    next, start drinking protien shakes and eating better. you may be skinny but eating fattening foods can do a number on your liver and create fat sacks all over your internal organs.
    then, start light weight lifting and work yourself up a bit. you will look more toned and put on healthy muscle weight.

good luck, i wish i had your problem lol.

7. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:my whole family is REALLY REALLY skinny, but i look like i'm dying. no fat on me whatsoever. kinda sick of looking diseased.

Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age (especially if you are a minor) or any other personal info you don't want the whole world to see.​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  8. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:I have a protien shake every morning....i think i need help coming up with a healthy fat gaining diet plan

9. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    An overactive thyroid can give you a huge appetite but still lose too much weight. So can diabetes. I suggest you see your doctor to make sure all your bloodwork comes back normal as your first step.

I have to work to keep weight on my kids - they're all ADHD and VERY active and they burn through calories like crazy - it's a struggle.

10. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    I don't have a huge appetite, a lot of times i force myself to eat something. sometimes i don't notice i'm hungry until my legs feel too weak to hold me up, but that only happens occasionally.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by