How to get a pea home from his "walkabout"?? Update: GOT HIM!!!

CARS

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 24, 2009
Saint James/ Comfrey MN
A few days ago our peacock left the yard
sad.png
My neighbor, who was trying to "help" used his 4-wheeler to chase the pea further away
somad.gif

Tonight we went looking again and found him in an abandoned farm grove. Yea!!! BUT, unable to corner him (he's pretty smart).

What is a good way to capture a peacock?? Does baiting in a corner work?? Fishnet???

Last edited:
Big havahart trap for big dogs Or luring into enclosed structures with familiar food or treats he really liked.

Do you have other peafowl? Sometimes the best thing is to just wait and let the lost bird follow peafowl sounds back home. Usually never a good idea to try chasing or netting 'wise' birds. Tell neighbor not to try catching or chasing them again- often they eventually come back home, plus as he discovered, trying to chase often has them flying off in completely wrpng direction.

Good luck.

Mrs. Pea just sits in the barn eating and pooping. I was hoping that she would call for him and praying that he doesn't call for her!

I'll try the cat food that he steals from the cats
lol.png

Can you imitate peafowl noises or get a recording to play outside? Cat food is great...

On the chance he shows up in your yard.. be calm and if possible, open door and toss cat food in the pen. If he will walk in, let him.

GOT HIM!!!

I lured him into an empty building with some cat food. Then the chase was on. He's a sly one for sure.
A diving reach netted me his tail then I quickly grabbed his feet with my other hand. That held him but I was getting a beating from his wings. I let go of the tail and started wrestling the wings down. He was not too happy with me
roll.png

So I held him like that in the car and put him in his winter pen. Not sure what to do now. Can I trust him to stick around?? The whole point was to have him strutting his stuff around the farm.

Here's a pic from a couple weeks ago (see why I want him free?)

100_6274.jpg

holy cow he's gorgeous!!! cant blame you to want to show him off-cant imagine he'll continue to stick around of he has freedom though:(

Last edited:
Video... That alone would have been funny but you wouldn't want to hear the audio. A few F-bombs and other obscenities came out. (mostly because nobody around me knows how to corner and contain anything
hmm.png
)

Back
Top Bottom