how to get rid of Mosquitos???

chicken head34

Songster
9 Years
May 29, 2010
middleburg
Everytime i go check on my chickens and chicks i get attacked my mosquitos and yellow flys!! is there anything i can do to get rid of them?
hu.gif

Well, with the flies, and I know this sounds unreasonable to some, I have sand in the chicken runs, and I take a scooper out and remove poo each day. No poo.....no flies. As for mosquitos....I'm a MOSQUITO MAGNET! GRRRR! I have to slather on the Deep Woods OFF, or some other product to keep them off of me if I'm going to be outside working. My husband says, "Eat alot of garlic," and I do in my cooking use garlic, but you can only eat so much.....

I feel for ya!
Sharon

the only standing water is in the pond about 150 feet away and in there waters.... The lady i got my chicks/rooster from has little sticky papers that catch flys? i dont know if they catch yellow flys or mosquitos thought....Im just scared if my chicks or my 2 month olds get bite to much they could die:(...

Turn the chickens out, dump standing water, stir up the vegetation daily (thus the loose chickens). I have chickens for the purpose of mosquito control, and when you leave them to roam around your property they will do just that!

I'm in the same boat, need to take stock in Deep Woods Off. It's the only thing that works for me. We haven't had any rain in so long, so they aren't as bad as usual but they are still around. Forget the Off Clip on things, waste of good money I tried them. Not to mention they kept falling off with me walking around watering everything. I have a pond, but that should be a problem because the fish eat them and the water is moving. We do back up to the woods and that's where they are hiding!!!

They have this plant i believe called the mosquito geranium, thats suppose to keep mosquitoes away a certain distance. I'm looking to get one and see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom