How to get Taller wire fence?

SarahGfa

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 26, 2018
I want to surround my yard with woven wire fence (the heavy stuff) but I can only find it in 48" height (4 feet tall) at Tractor Supply. We're supposed to have at least 7 to 8 feet fence to keep coyotes out. Where do people get taller fences? Can I double up and put one fence on top of another attached to t-posts? The fence roll is reallllly heavy so I have no idea how I would even do that, lol. I'm trying to fence at least an acre.

Can you attach a few rows on electric fence on top? Feed stores have taller chainlink? Or you can layer sime deer fence on it. Coyotes can climb a 6 ft chain link fence easily, at least they can here.
Is deer fence the black plastic stuff? I have electric fence right now but the county says we have to turn it off during fire season so it's basically useless for 4 months out of the year here.

I already have electric fence but it has to be turned off part of the summer, which is ALWAYS when I have coyote attacks. The ground is rocks and clay, so pretty much impossible to dig unless they go at it for hours and hours (everyone is locked up at night).
Oh, yeah, sorry.... forgot about the fire restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom