How to get your wife to buy that 56" flat screen TV for you.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lengel, Nov 25, 2009.

1. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    DH broke his femur and knee cap today. Titanium rod will be installed tomorrow. Can you believe that?

How sick is it that I'm standing outside his room while he's screaming as the nurses are straightening his leg into a traction device and I'm thinking, "You know what? We DO need to get that 56" flat screen TV from Sam's tomorrow. Where could we put it?"

2. LOL, it would take ALOT more then a broken femure and knee cap for me to get hubby a flat screen TV (even if we had the money!)

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    We have sattelite TV. We have way over 100 channels available. Even so most of the time there is nothing on worth watching. A big TV won't help that.

4. If your DH has a problem with your purchase, i will give you my address and shipping.

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    My husband was confined to the hospital once for an extended period with back surgery. He just about went stir crazy until my mother took him some macrame supplies. He made some beautiful plant hangers. The nurses brought him an IV pole to hang the twine on. Something to think about.....

6. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Maybe so, but I do like watching football on my big screen TV, and my DVDs, and the odd pay-per-view movie that doesn't suck ...

and our kids love the science channels and the history channel. TV is actually educational for them. They don't like much other than the educational shows either, that's how bad TV has gotten. We've never set any rules around what they can watch, or how much. Never had to.

I don't know that I'd go to 50"+ though, unless you have a huge room. We've got a large family room that has enough space for 2 large sofas, and the 46" Sony we got fits it perfectly. If I had gotten a 60", I'd feel like I was sitting in the front row at a movie theatre, too close to the screen.

I had held off on getting a flat screen for a long time, now I can't believe how bad the old TV looks, even though it had been plenty good enough for years. The poor old thing's still chugging along, relegated to serving as a game console display for the kids.

I'll have to admit that the flat screen was money well spent, and I hardly watch TV at all other than the Packer and Badger games.

7. wombat

Jun 23, 2009
    Quote:I was stuck in the hospital with daytime TV, just about enough to make you want to jump out the window and end it all. I was only in for two days. [​IMG]

8. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Whats a Badger?? Dont you mean a WOLVERINE??

P.S. Go Buckeyes. [​IMG]

9. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    How about a house fire? Insurance paid for it. Sad thing is , I might watch 5 hours of TV a week. LOL

10. wombat

Jun 23, 2009
    Quote:Whats a Badger?? Dont you mean a WOLVERINE??

P.S. Go Buckeyes. [​IMG]

A Wolverine will lose to a Badger by several touchdowns.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by