How to get your wife to buy that 56" flat screen TV for you.

DH and I recently bought a 65 inch flat screen. I know its a luxury but we don't or cant go out much and live way to far to go to the movies so its something we do watch. And let me tell you watching movies on a screen that large with a blue ray player does make a difference. Watching TV or movies is our only vise so we went all the way. We didnt tell my son about it when he came home with a friend for the weekend they both just stood there and said holy sh*t Now they tell everyone we have the biggest TV around. lol

Quote:
Whats a Badger?? Dont you mean a WOLVERINE??

P.S. Go Buckeyes.
lol.png

A Wolverine will lose to a Badger by several touchdowns.

hissssssssss booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Go blue
smile.png

I would LOVE to buy a big tv for my hubby-or myself. But we don't have the funds. So I am going to say that the one way that my hubby could get me to agree to such a purchase was to find a higher paying job.
tongue.png

I don't know what I'd do without the 65" sitting in the corner of my bedroom. I do need to get a new Blue ray for Christmas. The old DVD player has quit me.

The kids get the 31" in the family room .

we had a 52 inch notice I said had it was 4 yrs old paid like 1200.00 for that thing this past summer it blew up, or so the tv repair man said so now we have a 32 inch I miss my big tv so bad. wouldnt have the one I got but mil gave it to us. we bought the big one out of income tax. use to have sat tv too not any more 78.00 a month for tv is too much for me. anyway we found out that it had a little transformer burned out on it and tv repair man said it would cost about 500 to fix it we didnt have the money so he got it and fixed it and sold it to a man for 700 .00 I was soooo mad!!!

Quote:
I put in a high-def video conferencing system at work so that we could use it for meetings with our office in the UK. It's a little bit too good. We had it on so that the camera was showing the local side instead of the remote while we were setting it up and making adjustments. People were in and out to check out the new toy, and someone observed ... "I think we're all too ugly for hi-def on a big screen"
lau.gif

There is a formula for how big a screen you can comfortably fit in your room viewing wise. We have a 60" in our media room. In the bedroom we have a 36" and in the spare bedroom we have a 10-15 year old 22" I think? Daughter isn't allowed a tv in her room. We really want a larger TV in our bedroom but just don't have the money. What we have found though is that folks are practically throwing them away on Craigslist.

They are getting rid of the HD ready TV's for the ones that have HD built in. So you can get a 55" for a couple of hundred dollars but you have to have a set top box for it to get the HD. We haven't had the couple of hundred dollars to spare recently but we still keep looking.

Laney

Back
Top Bottom