How to Give Your Chicken Exercise

dgeter

Songster
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
Colorado
My Coop
My Coop
My silkie is recovering from a near fatal indecent and he has to stay inside till he's fully healed. Because of his wounds he can't wear chicken diapers so he spends most of the day in his hutch. He's been crowing NON stop probably out of bordem. So in order to get him exercise I've been getting his favorite treat (scrambles eggs) and going to one end of the room. He gets excited and runs to me. Once he gets a bite I run to the other end of the room and we just keep going back and forth
lol.png

Here is the video:

Unfortunately this time, he got a little TOO excited and ran straight into the shoes haha. Poor guy..

Haha I agree :) Especially when they are excited.

On a different note,

I just picked up Peanut's new girlfriend on Saturday. She's a year old and her feet are badly deformed. When she was a chick they got caught in the incubator some how. The owner raises show silkies so needed to find a new home for her. She can get around okay but its difficult for her. She kinda stands on her knees as you can kinda see. When she's done being broody I'll get picks of her feet. It so sad.. She is so tiny too!

I can't figure out what to name her.. any ideas would be welcome
smile.png

DSCN5660.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom