how to give your chickens a bath?

Nihal razak

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 26, 2014
Giving your chickens a shower is not very important .You can give them a bath if you want,its according to your whish.If you wish to give your chickens a shower, i will share you the way i give them a shower(I do this just once or twice a year!)The way i bath them is simple,when i water my plants,i spray little water on them.If its summer,then a little more.Be sure to give them a shower only in the day time,NOT in the night.In Dubai(where i stay)its hotter than the sun in summer
wink.png
.Just kidding,but when its hot its really HOT.Be sure you bath them with medium hot water(my chickens love it).You can use the same method for guinea fowls.

bye
frow.gif

Last edited:
Our chickens want nothing to do with a bath or shower. The only water they like is in their water dish. Because of the heat in our area we sometimes turn on a mister to cool the run and our chickens hate this.

Last edited:
all chickens are not the same.They do have different personality.

Last edited:
You seem to have misunderstood what I said. I absolutely meant no offense whatsoever. I'm actually pretty jealous that your chickens are easier to handle than mine. I wish mine loved water; it would definitely make it a lot easier to keep them cool in the summer.

#janetS i am sorry if I was a little mean to you in my post,but iwas just teaching you.

If the humidity is high, bathing isn't a good way to cool your birds off, they won't dry and can actually get pneumonia.

When you say give your birds a bath are you really talking a bath or a wet down. I give my birds a true bath for Fair and shows. 3 tubs, soap the whole works

#janetS i am sorry if I was a little mean to you in my post,but iwas just teaching you.

Teaching me?? All I said was my chickens don't like the water like yours. ??? I will no longer be posting on this threat. Have a nice day.

i dont care if u post or if u dont post.i said what i wanted to say and thats it. And stop thinking ur the best

Back
Top Bottom