how to give your chickens a bath?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Nihal razak, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Nihal razak

Nihal razak Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2014
    Giving your chickens a shower is not very important .You can give them a bath if you want,its according to your whish.If you wish to give your chickens a shower, i will share you the way i give them a shower(I do this just once or twice a year!)The way i bath them is simple,when i water my plants,i spray little water on them.If its summer,then a little more.Be sure to give them a shower only in the day time,NOT in the night.In Dubai(where i stay)its hotter than the sun in summer[​IMG].Just kidding,but when its hot its really HOT.Be sure you bath them with medium hot water(my chickens love it).You can use the same method for guinea fowls.

bye [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. JanetS

JanetS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Our chickens want nothing to do with a bath or shower. The only water they like is in their water dish. Because of the heat in our area we sometimes turn on a mister to cool the run and our chickens hate this.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  3. Nihal razak

Jun 26, 2014
    all chickens are not the same.They do have different personality.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  4. JanetS

Jun 22, 2012
    You seem to have misunderstood what I said. I absolutely meant no offense whatsoever. I'm actually pretty jealous that your chickens are easier to handle than mine. I wish mine loved water; it would definitely make it a lot easier to keep them cool in the summer.

5. debbiegt

debbiegt Chillin' With My Peeps

Try a soaker hose on the ground. Moistening the soil so they can dig down into cooler moist earth

6. Nihal razak

Jun 26, 2014
    this is also a good way to keep your chickens cool.

7. Nihal razak

Jun 26, 2014
    #janetS i am sorry if I was a little mean to you in my post,but iwas just teaching you.

8. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    If the humidity is high, bathing isn't a good way to cool your birds off, they won't dry and can actually get pneumonia.

When you say give your birds a bath are you really talking a bath or a wet down. I give my birds a true bath for Fair and shows. 3 tubs, soap the whole works

9. JanetS

Jun 22, 2012
    Teaching me?? All I said was my chickens don't like the water like yours. ??? I will no longer be posting on this threat. Have a nice day.

10. Nihal razak

Jun 26, 2014
    i dont care if u post or if u dont post.i said what i wanted to say and thats it. And stop thinking ur the best

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by