How to handle a fresh laying eggs

If they are covered in poo take damp paper towel wipe the poo off.. I keep eggs in a bowl in my fridge may have 5 or 15 at any given time also about once a month I give all the egfgs to carton save new ones for us

If you plan to sell them, your local government may have strict rules on how they are washed and stored.

If they are for your personal use you have more flexibility. Eggs that have not been washed can be safely stored on the counter or in the fridge. Washing is not required, but many people choose to wash visibly dirty eggs, if not all of their eggs. Washing should be done with water that is 20* warmer than the egg. Once an egg has been washed it must be eaten immediately or stored in the refrigerator and can no longer be safely stored at room temperature.

Eggs that have visible cracks should not be stored at room temperature because bacteria can get in the cracks. You can eat them the same day if you are comfortable with this or feed them back to your flock as a treat (shell and all, cooked or raw, just crush the egg first).

Some that are newer please post where your located as this can affect local laws
some folks sell but it is a choice no matter

Back
Top Bottom