how to hatch duck eggs?

gogohorses25

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2015
HI! i am new to chicken and duck keeping, but i recently got 2 ducks from a lady at my dad's work. 1 is a male pekin, and the other is a female.... we think she might be a fawn, but not sure. anyway, the female has already hatched a clutch before so we were hoping she might hatch us some. like i said, i am very new to duck keeping so i was wondering in what season ducks hatch their clutches? in the spring time? also, this duck is an experienced mother i guess so were hoping she'll just sit on the eggs and hatch them, but do we need to buy an incubator? or will she be able to hatch them herself? if anyone has any tips or pointers, please advise! Thanks :)
-Emily

Iv never done duck eggs but always wanted to you might need to check this but I think it's right. Ducks and most birds lay in spring, however the mum will only stay on her eggs if she's broody if she's not broody you can't expect her to stay on the eggs. Incubators can be expensive but are good and you can hatch your own eggs. So if the duck isn't broody I would recommend getting an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom