How to help my friend?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by abbygibson1212, Oct 21, 2015.

1. abbygibson1212

abbygibson1212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2014
    Missouri
    Okay, so my best friend has this dog, she's had her for around 7 or 8 years, and she's her best friend. They took her dog to the vet today, and she has cancer (not sure what kind, I think the dog equivalent of breast cancer, is there a more proper name for it?), so, the vet can do surgery and fix it BUT, it will cost $835, neither my friend or her parents have nearly that much money to put towards vet bills. I would love to pay for the surgery myself, but me being a broke college student, I don't have that much money laying around either. I've been trying to think of ways I could raise the money quickly (as their plan right now is to let her live until she shows signs of being in pain) but I am so not creative. I thought of doing one of those "go fund me" things, and then realized, of course, you have to have a credit card so the donations have somewhere to go, and I do not have a credit card. So if anyone has any ideas, no matter how big or small, please let me know! I would love to raise the money in time to get her the surgery and surprise my friend!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Why don't you try to hook up with a 4H club? They will often do fundraisers for good causes. You could also try lemonade stands, snow cone stands, bake sales, etc. I am so sorry for the position you and your friend are in. What a beautiful dog....I really hope everything is resolved. I wish I could help more, good luck.

3. LeafBlade12345

$885 is a lot of money, I thought it was 335. You are going to need more than a few lemonade stands. Perhaps you could do a "fund-me" money raiser without a credit card. You could ask for cash or for someone to pay for the surgery. If you email some celebrities with pets, maybe one of them would fund the surgery. I know it's a long shot, but my heart breaks for you and your friend as well as the dog. Good luck once again.

4. abbygibson1212

abbygibson1212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2014
    Missouri
    @LeafBlade12345 thank you! I actually talked to one of our mutual friends, and she's willing to let me use her bank account for gofundme, so I set up a page! The link is gofundme.com/du6w93hf if any one is interested!

5. LeafBlade12345

You are very welcome! I really do hope things go well, and good for you for helping. Please keep us updated!

6. LeafBlade12345

Abby, how are things going?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by