How to Introduce Serama hen back to a trio?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Bryam, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Bryam

Bryam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    I have Serama hen, who was was a trio since she was young. She went broody ,so I put her in her own cage with her eggs. The chicks are gone now and when I put her back with her group, they were not very nice to her. Chasing her and pecking her. The male mounted her and made her comb bleed a bit. They seemed to have backed of off her now, should I just let them work it out?

FYI she was seperared from them for 6 weeks, last I do that! How long will it take her to stsrt laying eggs again?

Thanks!!:)

2. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

If things are getting better I would leave it alone. If it starts to get worse again put her in a dog kennel where the other chickens can see her but not hurt her. Leave her in their about a week and start letting her out a little bit each day supervised. Eventually you will be able to let her out full time on her own. Sorry I'm not sure when hens go back to laying after having chicks. My broody hen usually takes 2 weeks to start laying after a "broody episode". So I would assume about the same amount of time.

3. Bryam

Bryam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Okay thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by