How to keep chicken feed in a hanging base dry

fancy 16

Hatching
Mar 2, 2023
I have a hanging chicken feeder in a bug cage pin it is covered by a tarp on top and some sides I have a gallon bag over the top of feeder but when it rains the feed in bottom of base gets wet how do I keep.it dry?

I have mine under an old stepladder that was left in the yard by previous homeowner, and i have that covered a good bit by a tarp, and my metal handing feeder has the lid thing that hovers over top and it STILL gets wet but only when the wind is extra bad and can blow rain/snow up and sideways. We've had soooo much snow lately that I also added a pallet with clear heavy duty shower curtain. Was daydreaming the other day about how to McGyver a sort of "skirt" to make it better.

1677772329638.png

1677772358630.png

I have a hanging chicken feeder in a bug cage pin it is covered by a tarp on top and some sides I have a gallon bag over the top of feeder but when it rains the feed in bottom of base gets wet how do I keep.it dry?

Mine hangs up in my chicken coop it is covered with a tarp but feed in bottom of base gets wet
Why don't you please post some photos of your setup, so we can make some suggestions.

Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom